Re: Unix login name and full name into output?

Subject: Re: Unix login name and full name into output?
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:48:36 -0500
Quoting Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I would like to include the login name and the full name of the Unix
> user running Jade in the Jade output.  How can I do this?  (OpenJade
> is also okay, but I don't know anything about that.)

   This gives me an interesting extension idea.  What do the OpenJade
gurus think of an extension process (like James' (debug), such that it
would only be available if declared in the user's stylesheet) which
would return the root of a grove containing information about the
environment in which Jade is running.  This would include access to
environment variables and other such system information.  We could
even leave parts of it open to other extensions, such as a web server
being able to provide access to pre-parsed name-value pairs from GET
and POST operations, or even more esoteric stuff such as a way to get
input from an interactive user (I know... that's getting a bit far out
there, but I'm just rambling on the possibilities).
   Thoughts, comments, flames...?

-Brandon :)