Re: Groves processing in OpenJade

Subject: Re: Groves processing in OpenJade
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Aug 1999 03:01:41 -0400
Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Was I clear? Is some more explanations necessary?
>
> Yes, now I understand what you mean with dynamic structure - but
> I think that a full-blown grove-engine of this flexibility is
> out of the scope of the OpenJade project.

A colleague of mine is working on a pure scheme grove engine.  An
early rought which convers much of the SGML property set can be found
at <URL:http://www.red-bean.com/~craig/grover/>.

At this point he claims that it constructs groves as quickly or more
quickly than jade in a only semi-optimized context.  Using agressive
optimization such as stalin (precompiling it to C) it should
outperform jade.

Atop a general grove engine you could slap on DSSSL, or whatever you
like.  I think it's a cool context.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>