mode/with-mode

Subject: mode/with-mode
From: Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:56:00 +0200 (CEST)
While I don't quite understand how the provided example is supposed to
work, I regard it a major flaw of the DSSSL spec that modes are not
first class objects.

Hence the top of my wish list for DSSSL-2 would be something like

(make-mode <list of transformation specifications>)

which returns an object of type mode, which can be used in with-mode
rules as if was an ordinary mode.

The DSSSL-construct "mode" could be redefined like this:

now:
(mode some-mode (element ...))

future:
(define some-mode (make-mode (element ...)))

I assume that this would solve the problem at hand as well.