Re: per-page images in print documents

Subject: Re: per-page images in print documents
From: Murray Stokely <murray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 16:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 7 May 2000, Christof Drescher wrote:
% just to make sure I understand your problem:
%
% You'd like to have an image on every page on the left side, while the text
% flows on the right side, correct?

  Exactly.

% My question is: Is it always the same image to be displayed on every page,
% or are these different images for each page (e.g. related to the text
% content)?

  It would be the same image on every page.  If possible I would
like the first page to be slightly different so that I can have a
title spanning the entire width of the page before seperating into a
tall vertical image on the left and then more text on the right.

% For the first case, you could use the header/footer-lines to have an image
% displayed on every page which fills the whole page and have the actual
% content take a smaller column on the right side; yet, I don't know if any
% other backend (other than mine) supports such a weird construct. You can try
% though; I could provide an example if you need - but don't make it urgent
% then, please... :-)

  I would be very interested in playing with your backend since I'm
convinced this can not be accomplished with the RTF backend.  Please
post a URL where I can get your backend and a simple example
stylesheet if possible.

	Thanks!

	- Murray