Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend
From: Ron Ross <ronross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Oct 2001 14:47:57 -0400
Yann Dirson <ydirson@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 12:45:59PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> >
> > Only in recent openjade releases, I think. i fear many people do not
> > use the current jade.
>
> Probably if someone worked on the huge performance issue that 1.4devel
> has, more people would use it.  Already hearing perf complaints from
> users when switching from sgmlspl to jade, I stick with 1.3.

[brief departure from my lurker status]
Many people may in fact be still using 1.2, or 1.1.2 (whatever the last
release by James Clark was).

It bothers me that many of the (unfortunately few) links to jade one
finds on the Net point to Clark's page. Should we be "evangelizing"
OpenJade to the extent of systematically informing site-maintainers of
the current implementation? I've done so at least once, I think, but
sometimes thought it a little presumptuous...

Ron