[jats-list] Todays G+ discussions

Subject: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions
From: "Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:56:45 -0000
Having no video / mic I was unable to join in very much.

Couple of points struck me.
In terms of 'open' licencing, there are not that many around.off
To simplify, and allow a provider to select one and enable machine
verification, the schema could be restricted to  (small) number,
leaving the user to select which one is most suitable.

Data mining. I sense a separation between selecting an article and its metadata?
  https://schema.org/ offers a concentrated set of options which may
be suitable search terms, as use for metadata content (not element
names as one response suggested).

It also struck me that the media type (XML document, video etc) should
also be an item of metadata since that is just what the information
is, data about the content.

regards

--
Dave Pawson