[jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information

Subject: [jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information
From: "Rhiannon Miller rhiannon.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:43:24 -0000
If an article relates to a registered study (e.g. ISRCTN for clinical trials
or PROSPERO for systematic reviews), currently we note this in free text as
part of the abstract. We would like to be able to include this in the article
metadata, for ease of translation to other XML formats.

I canbt find any element specifically designed for this in JATS. Would it be
appropriate to use <related-object> for this, within <article-meta>? Ibm
thinking something along the lines of

<related-object id="rel1" content-type="clinical-trial"
source-id="ISRCTN69423238" source-id-type="ISRCTN">
    <source>Spontaneous Urinary Stone Passage ENabled by Drugs</source>
    <ext-link ext-link-type="doi"
xlink:href="http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/ISRCTN69423238";>10.1186/ISRCTN69423238<
/ext-link>
</related-object>

Or would I be better off requesting an addition to JATS to handle this, or is
there already one in the offing? If there is already a standard practice then
obviously Ibd rather follow that.

Thoughts?

Rhiannon

--