Re: [jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Tagging of registered trial information
From: "Melissa Harrison m.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 08:19:54 -0000
Hi Rhiannon

Sorry for the delay in responding, was out of the office.
Yes please do send/add your suggestion to JATS4R!

Threaded Publications have not published recommendations as they are not
really thinking about the XML, more about the practicalities of the data
and CrossRef is the method of collecting it.
The CrossRef schema should be updated in Oct.

I could recommend to JATS4R that we have a Clinical Trials dedicated call
soon and invite anyone interested - hope you'd come - along? Would that be
good for you?

Cheers!

Melissa

Melissa Harrison, Head of Production Operations, *eLife*
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd
1st Floor
24 Hills Road
Cambridge
CB2 1JP

01223 855345
Receive content alerts
<http://www.elifesciences.org/crm/civicrm/profile/create>
Browse articles <http://elife.elifesciences.org/browse>

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with
company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number
FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills
Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Rhiannon Miller
rhiannon.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Melissa.
>
> Should I add this suggestion to
> https://github.com/JATS4R/elements/blob/master/clinical-trials.md even
> though itbs just a suggestion and not actually current practice?
(Currently
> webre not tagging this information as metadata at all, though it exists
in
> free text elsewhere in the article.)
>
> I do appreciate it doesnbt cater for the Article Categorisation (yes,
itbs
> Threaded Publications Ibm thinking of, though I donbt have any direct
> contact with the group). That wouldnbt seem to fit well within
> <related-object>, because we need it to describe the current article, not
> the linked one. But I suppose we could highjack @link-type. Then webd
have

> <related-object id="rel1" content-type="clinical-trialb
link-type="result"