Re: [jats-list] Looking for case studies for JATS in legislation

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Looking for case studies for JATS in legislation
From: "Bruce Rosenblum bruce@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 16:37:16 -0000
Hi Ken,

I don't think JATS is a good fit for legislation. However you may want to
check out this standard: Akoma Ntoso (http://www.akomantoso.org/). I think
this is more fit for the purpose that you are looking for.

Best regards,
Bruce

On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 11:27 AM G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx <
jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> I've been asked by a greenfield project regarding case studies for
> the use of the JATS vocabulary in authoring and publishing legislation.
>
> I cannot find any.
>
> Just like the standards community creation of NISO-STS from JATS, I
> was looking for a flavour of JATS tuned for legislation in an
> existing project. Then the project I'm looking at would be part of
> the group all doing the same thing.
>
> So, does anyone know if the same tuning been done for the standards
> community is being done anywhere for legislation?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts you might have!
>
> . . . . . Ken
>
> --
> Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/j/ |
> Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
> Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |
> Essays (UBL, XML, etc.) http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/gkholman |

This email message and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please immediately reply to the sender or call
617-932-1932 and delete the message from your email system. Thank you.
Bruce D. Rosenblum
Inera Inc.
phone: 617-932-1932 (office)
email: bruce@xxxxxxxxx