Re: [jats-list] Looking for case studies for JATS in legislation

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Looking for case studies for JATS in legislation
From: "B Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 17:20:18 -0000
Hi Ken --

Ravit H. David of Scholars Portal, University of Toronto Libraries gave a
paper titled "BITS for Government Information?" at Balisage last summer.  See:
https://doi.org/10.4242/BalisageVol27.David01

BITS is a JATS vocabulary, and the government information she discusses
includes the content of the Ontario Legislative Library.

-- Tommie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> I've been asked by a greenfield project regarding case studies for the use
of the JATS vocabulary in authoring and publishing legislation.

> I cannot find any.
>
> Just like the standards community creation of NISO-STS from JATS, I was
looking for a flavour of JATS tuned for legislation in an existing project.
Then the project I'm looking at would be part of the group all doing the same
thing.

> So, does anyone know if the same tuning been done for the standards
community is being done anywhere for legislation?

> Thanks for any thoughts you might have!
>
> . . . . . Ken
>
> --
> Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/j/ |
> Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
> Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |
> Essays (UBL, XML, etc.) http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/gkholman |

======
B. Tommie Usdin			mailto: btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.	https://www.mulberrytech.com
Phone: 301/315-9631
----
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.: A Consultancy Specializing in XML for Prose
Documents
======