Re: [jats-list] Confirming STS metadata cardinality

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Confirming STS metadata cardinality
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:02:17 -0000
Thanks, Bruce! I don't see this note in the JATS archives.

But, unfortunately, it doesn't answer the nut of my question.

I am aware that <std-meta> effectively replaces
<iso-meta>, <reg-meta>, and <nat-meta> when used
in adoption layers, and is nicely neutral. And
that the three amigos are deprecated. Not a problem.

But my question is in regard to the cardinality
of <std-meta> (and, indirectly, the others).
Could you please take a moment to re-read my original post?

The schema allows <std-meta> to be repeatable,
but I think that is an artefact of the
declaration mechanism used in lieu of the RELAX-NG concept of interleave.

Is it semantically correct for any given layer of
a NISO-STS document to have more than one <std-meta> element?

Sorry to be nit-picky, but I'm facing issues
regarding the answer to this nuanced question.

Thanks, again!