Re: [jats-list] How to record the location of different article versions

Subject: Re: [jats-list] How to record the location of different article versions
From: "Lizzi, Vincent vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 18:18:01 -0000
Hi Armin,

To expand on your question, what information about the different article
version do you want to record in the article version that you have? You
mentioned a few data points that can each have their own tags:

  *   Location b is this a DOI, a URL, a citation, or some other locator?
  *   Version b Author Accepted Manuscript is one example. Would you also
identify Author Original as a version, or other versions?
  *   Repository b is it important to you to identify the repository?

Do you need to also capture a date or any other information?

The related-article element placed in article-meta (as Tommie suggested) or
the event element placed in pub-history might be able to hold the information
that you need.

Kind regards,
Vincent

Vincent M. Lizzi
Head of Information Standards | Taylor & Francis Group
vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Information Classification: General