RE: More XSL Discussion

Subject: RE: More XSL Discussion
From: Matti Katajamaki <matti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:27:38 -0800
each of them as a target element.

Matti

-----Original Message-----
From:	Paul Prescod [SMTP:papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Thursday, February 26, 1998 6:47 AM
To:	xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	Re: More XSL Discussion

Matti Katajamaki wrote:

> XSL already has constructs that always match, like <target-element/>. So I
> don't see anything bad in pattern matching with "zero or more" and "zero or
> one" constructs.

target-element matches an element, not the lack of an element. Consider:

<element type="list">
        <element type="item" count="any">
                <target-element ....>
        </element>
</element>

The rule above matches the list below but there *is no target
element*.

[Woody Allen on Hollywood in "Annie Hall"]
Annie: "It's so clean down here."
Woody: "That's because they don't throw their garbage away. They make
        it into television shows."