RE: Style vs. transformation

Subject: RE: Style vs. transformation
From: Rob McDougall <RMcDouga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:43:39 -0500
I second the requirement for multiple passes.  I could foresee another
use besides just breaking a problem down into smaller pieces.  It could
also be useful if someone already has an existing XSL script for a class
of documents (A).  The user has a second class of documents (B) that are
almost the same as A.  Wouldn't it be nice if the user could just
augment the script for A by putting a transformation pass at the front
that transforms B to A?  Sure they could invoke the XSL processor twice,
but this is a big performance hit on some systems.  Wouldn't it be nice
if one could do it with a single invokation of the XSL processor?

Rob