Re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file) function in .xsl file)

Subject: Re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file) function in .xsl file)
From: Tyler Baker <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:33:47 -0500
Ray Cromwell wrote:

>  I think this is an idea that needs to be discussed, or, a commercial
> company needs to tackle it. For instance, a fast XSL processor
> could probably mark dynamic parts of the XML input, and cache
> the static parts. It could then simply transform only the dynamic
> fragment (which is valid XML)  Better yet, you coul use a separate XSL
> stylesheet for the dynamic fragment.

This is best done with the DOM.  The XSL Processor could take the source tree
represented as the DOM and cache in memory the appropriate sections and clone
them.  Just don't try and clone shallow as that will surely screw everything up
(you can't make a shallow copy of a tree without screwing up the previous tree).

Tyler