RE: alternatives to XSL (was RE: Microsoft extensions)

Subject: RE: alternatives to XSL (was RE: Microsoft extensions)
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:15:26 -0500
Hi Scott,

You can try also the XSL competitor: DSSSL. James Clark provide a free exe
on its site. It is called Jade. As you may know DSSSL is already an ISO
standard. You can get also the source code on top of binaries. There is a
drawback, you need to provide a fully qualified DTD with your document.
Originally, Jade has been created for SGML formats but, as you know XML
format is also a Subset of the SGML format and therefore could be processed
with Jade. On its site, James provides samples and links to samples. It
basically allows you to transform XML into either SGML, XML, RTF, HTML and
also with an extension Tex. because it is a exe it can run on a server and
do not cost 60K ;-) Thre are some implementations in production that use
Jade with success.

Hope this will help you, the link to James' site is: http://www.jclark.com/

Cheers

Didier PH Martin