dynamic href generation in xsl

Subject: dynamic href generation in xsl
From: "Russell Allen" <rallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:01:38 -0500
I'm sure this is a newbie question, so I will apologize up front.  I am trying to add the value of an element from the xml document to a particular href in the 'generated' html by using xsl to pull the value from the xml doc.

For example:

Data.xml
<MEMBER>
  <MEMBNO>
    111111
  </MEMBNO>
  <NAME>
    Joe
  </NAME>
</MEMBER>
<MEMBER>
  <MEMBNO>
    222222
  </MEMBNO>
  <NAME>
    Jerry
  </NAME>
</MEMBER>

Desired html
<A HREF="">Joe</A>
<A HREF="">Jerry</A>

What should my xsl look like, in order to produce the desired html given the data.xml doc above?  Here is what I have now (its obviously wrong):

data.xsl
<xsl:for-each select="MEMBER" order-by="NAME">
    <A href=""MEMBNO"/>">
        <xsl:value-of select="NAME"/>
    </A>
</xsl:for-each>

Thanks for the help, in advance.  I greatly appreciate this.  If you can't tell, this is not my primary job function, and for that reason I don't have the background or time needed to learn the whole xsl spec.

Thanks,
Russell Allen
Software Engineer
ComFrame software corp.