RE: A theory problem

Subject: RE: A theory problem
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:56:35 +0100
This is nice and clean, but it doesn't seem to catch
child::A/child::B/child::C.

I've been trying to work with a generalisation of your "single-level"
property:
a path expression has the "peer" property if no node in the set is an
ancestor of any other. Then (I think) P / Q is in document order if P is in
document order and P has the peer property and Q has the stays-in-subtree
property.

Saxon 4.7 implemented a rule that the result was ordered if all the steps
were downwards, which I now know to be incorrect.

Mike