General question, is it possible to?

Subject: General question, is it possible to?
From: Pål Steven Eriksen <pserik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 13:27:50 +0200
This is my start point. I have a list of news headline in a column and when
I click on one I get that particular news in cell next to this one.
I use two <xsl:for-each select> to achieve the list of news headlines, some
variables are made and I use onclick and some JavaScript to show what the
news contain.
Problem then is if I have many news headlines I have to scroll down to click
on news headline and then up again to read it (if it's at the bottom).

Is it possible in xsl to after a certain amount of news to insert a
tag/button or whatever for each 10 news (in the output), so I will only see
10 listing at a time and a new tag/button for each 10. Then when I click the
tag it will show the next 10 and so on.
I now I can make a counter and show only the ten first, but is it possible
to store the position where I am and continue on users demand.
How about the position if you have 50 listings and are showing 30-40, then
you want to show 20-40.

I'll appreciate any point of view, i may be attacking this from wrong angle,

xml code is like this:

    <title head="headline1">this is what this headline contain</title>
    <title head="headline2">this is what this headline contain</title>

Here is part of the xsl code which do the for-each ... :

         <xsl:attribute name="summr"><xsl:value-of
          <xsl:for-each select="/main_news/news">
    <xsl:when test="mainheadline">
       <strong onmouseover="'#FFFFCC'"
          <xsl:attribute name="head"><xsl:value-of
                 <xsl:attribute name="summr"><xsl:value-of
          <xsl:attribute name="dato"><xsl:value-of
          <xsl:value-of select="mainheadline"/>
      <xsl:for-each select="./title">
       <xsl:when test="./@head">
     <xsl:attribute name="innmat"><xsl:value-of
     <xsl:value-of select="./@head"/></div>