Re: portability. (Re: microsoft latest, bug with extension elements )?

Subject: Re: portability. (Re: microsoft latest, bug with extension elements )?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:19:05 +0100 (BST)
Paul Tchistopolskii writes:
 > Are you saying that  all those XSLT engines you are
 > supporting already have this feature? Or you are talking
 > about *very*  limited number of XSLT engines ( say, 3 ? )

as you will have observed from my sterile testing notes, I am trying
to look at all the XSLT processors that I can. not using Windows
cripples me, of course.

 > When you need multiple outputs, invoke multiple
 > stylesheets. Write a script.

I have 2500 gravestone records. I want each one in a separate
file. you want I should run the stylesheet 2500 times?

 > Yep. That's why "portable XSLT" looks impossible to me.
until XSLT 1.1 adds that functionality....

 > And when you
 > have saxon:evaluate it is hard to resists using it ;-)

i have never even been tempted, let alone inhaled. but then my usage
of XSLT is naive.

sebastian