[xsl] Is this possible in XSL?

Subject: [xsl] Is this possible in XSL?
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:48:29 -0400
Uslu, Cihan Y (MED) writes:
 > Hi;
 > Is it possible to get all the answers'  item-ids in a way that covers
 > all the possible correct answer combination.
 > For example I have this multiple choice question in XML and the correct
 > answers are "A" "B" and "H".
 > What I want to output is to get all the possible correct answer
 > combination like this:
 > 			"ABH | AHB | BAH | BHA | HAB | HBA"
 >
 > How can I do this in XSL?

How would you do it in another language?

Are the "item-id" attributes always a single character in length?

Is there some maximum number of <answer> elements for all <question>s?
I.e. can the script assume that no <question> will ever have more than
5 <answer>s?  If so, you can precompute all possible permutations and
just use the elements of the precomputed permutation as indexes into
the <answer> elements for a given <question>.