[xsl] accessing info outside current context

Subject: [xsl] accessing info outside current context
From: "Pekarek, Rose (MN10)" <rose.pekarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:29:25 -0500
How do I access information outside my current context?  I have seen
this question posted before, but I still don't understand.  I havtried every
combination of ancestor, etc. I can think of, and it still
doesn't work.  Specifically this is what I am doing:

<xsl:if test="/discoverer/account/eul/workbook[@name =
'DISCADMIN.Cockpit']>
     <!--  Display an icon here to allow user to invoke discoverer
workbook called Cockpit -->
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="/discoverer/account/eul/workbook[@name =
'DISCADMIN.PSR']>
     <!--  Display an icon here to allow user to invoke discoverer
workbook called PSR -->
</xsl:if>

The user has access to both workbooks, so when you first enter the
application, both icons appear as expected.  After the user clicks the
icon to execute the PSR workbook, the context changes, and the icon for
Cockpit disappears!  Similarly, if the user clicks the Cockpit icon,
the PSR icon disappears.  I want both icons to appear no matter what.
I have already tried this (didn't work):

<xsl:if test="/discoverer/account/eul/workbook[@name = 'DISCADMIN.Cockpit']
   or ancestor::eul/workbook[@name = 'DISCADMIN.Cockpit'] >
     <!--  Display an icon here to allow user to invoke discoverer
workbook called Cockpit -->
</xsl:if>

Isn't there any way to force a start from the root node?  Using / at
the beginning of the locator path doesn't seem to do it.  Do I need to
create a variable to represent the root node?  Help!

Rose
Rose.Pekarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx