Re: [xsl] accessing info outside current context

Subject: Re: [xsl] accessing info outside current context
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:03:32 +0100
Hi Rose,

> Discoverer uses a servlet to dynamically create the xml document I
> am processing. According to Oracle support, the document resides in
> memory only, so I don't think I can access it with a document
> command. The only way I can view the generated xml document is to go
> to an Oracle supplied URL. When I compare the xml document before
> and after executing a workbook, there are differences, but both
> workbooks are still listed, and should be accessible.

It seems likely that the 'differences' in the XML you get before and
after executing the workbook are causing the problems with the
stylesheet. Perhaps the document is structured slightly differently,
or perhaps the name attributes have spaces in them, or names are
capitalised differently or namespaces have been added. All of these
differences would mean that the same paths that worked with the
'before' XML wouldn't work with the 'after' XML.

What I suggest is that you post the relevant parts of the 'after' XML.
The relevant parts are all the ancestors of the workbook elements that
you're interested in, including any attributes (and namespace
declarations) that exist on them. The safest bet to get an accurate
picture of what the stylesheet is receiving is to use an identity
template:

<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
  <xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" /></xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>