Re: [xsl] How to define a global parameter and change its value

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to define a global parameter and change its value
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:00:22 -0500
[Chi Lin]

> Thanks Tom,
>
> I found another way to assign value for a global parameter which takes
value
> from one specific element in the XML file.
>
> This is line I used:    <xsl:param name="className" select="//Class"/>
> The information I was looking for is the value in <Class>value</Class> to
be
> used in one template.
>
> It works for me now.  Thanks for all the people who responded.

I'm glad that it works, but it may not always give what you want.  The
parameter will contain a node set consisting of all "Class" nodes, whatever
element they are children of.  If you use xsl:value-of, it will give you the
string value of the first of these.  That may or may not be what you want,
depending on the xml you are transforming.

You may have to be more specific in specifying the value of your param,
since you won't be able to change it as you move from element to element.

Cheers,

Tom P