RE: [xsl] amp

Subject: RE: [xsl] amp
From: "Yates, Danny (ANTS)" <danny.yates@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:56:16 +0100
Hi,

If your database claims to be generating XML for you, then it
should escape the & sign for you. (As well as a few others,
such as < and >). If it is not doing this, it is NOT generating
XML, and you should take this up with the database vendors.

If you are generating XML from, say, a stored procedure, then
you need to change the code in the stored procedure.

If you are generating XML from, say, a data access object, then
you need to change the code in the data access object.

If no other process uses the data, then maybe you can change the
process that the users work with so that it escapes the data on
the way IN to the database.

Regards,

Dan.

--