Re: [xsl] amp

Subject: Re: [xsl] amp
From: bazsi <bazsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:14:27 +0200
On Friday 27 September 2002 10:24 am, you wrote:
> The data come from the DB, and it's the user who feed the DB hence can not
> control user from using '&'. Is there  a way of escaping this character if
> the data comes from the DB? I have resaerched all over on the  internet but
> have not gotten an appropriate explaination. It tells me to use '&amp;' but
> this data comes from the DB, how can i pick all '&' and trasform them in to
> '&amp;'.
>
> Please assist, it's this discussion i mostly rely on in terms of knowledge

What kind of database, you use? Because almost all the databases support
programming languages (like c, plsql, etc.), which can extend possibilities
of its queries.. So, if you have rights to your db, you can easily overwrite
the appropriate queries: you should change all of the occurences of the & to

Balazs, Kovacs
Hungary