Re: [xsl] XML to SVG

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to SVG
From: "KUMAR NINGASHETTY" <KNINGASHETTY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:34:58 -0500
Kevin,
  I posted a similar question few dayz  ago and i got the following information and links from John . So hope that should help you  too.
   so check the following ..

- kumar
―------------------
Hi Kumar,

I have implemented client-side SVG, in particular, bar charts and pie
graphs.
It performs very well. It must not be too complicated since I have done it!
:)

There are some excellent client-side SVG examples:
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-xml/xmltosvg/
http://www.javertising.com/webtech/xsltsvg.asp (this also lists many other
SVG links)
SVG FAQ andReferences at
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/svg/
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/svg/sect1/refs.html

On the client you will need to load an SVG viewer.
The Adobe plug-in that I use is at
http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

But since this is an XSLT list and not a SVG list,
you probably should go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/messages/1
for SVG related topics.

Hope this helps,
John Pallister
jpallister@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Kevin.Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx 12/16/02 11:06AM >>>

Does anyone have any working examples of how to go from XML to SVG? I am
particularly interested in graphs. Is XSLT the best way to go for this or
is somethign like Batik more suited for creating graphs, pie charts etc?

Thanks,

 Kevin