Re: [xsl] RTF Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] RTF Output
From: Joerg Pietschmann <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:54:48 +0100
On Thursday 02 January 2003 12:29, "Laura" wrote:
> I  want to convert a document to RTF through XSL.
There are several possibilities:
1. RTF is text. You can generate it directly with XSLT if you want.
Download a copy of the RTF spec and hack away. I personally
would avoid this though.
2. Use XSLT to convert your XML to XSLFO and use a tool like
FOP or JFOR to generate RTF. Unfortunately, FOP's RTF renderer
has severe limitations, and JFOR has some annoying limitations too.
THere may be other (commercial) tools doing a better job.

> Is there any Java API that can convert an input HTML to RTF document?
Not an API. However, there may be tools for this job.

J.Pietschmann