Re: [xsl] Can I pass DOM from the Xalan XSLT processer to a Java object?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can I pass DOM from the Xalan XSLT processer to a Java object?
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:42:37 -0400

>[xsl] Can I pass DOM from the Xalan XSLT processer to a Java object?

Sure. Just define the extension function so it expects Node (or a subclass
thereof), NodeList, or NodeIterator.  See
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html#ext-functions and/or some of
the samples (eg, the MyCounter example accepts an Element as one of its
arguments).

>But when I call the NodeIterator methods to get a Node such as getRoot(),
>or nextNode() NullPointers are thrown.

Shouldn't be happening, unless the value you're actually passing in is
empty, or has a value that can't be cast appropriately.

If you really think you've found a Xalan bug, post a complete sample that
demonstrates the problem (including the extension function!) in the Xalan
BugZilla databata. If you think it might be in your code, you might want to
post the question (again, including the missing extension function) into
Xalan's own mailing list.