RE: [xsl] Landscape print control

Subject: RE: [xsl] Landscape print control
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:56:33 +0100

> > So do you maintain two completely separate stylesheets, one
> > for html and one for pdf?  I'm about to do something similar
> > and I can see issues where one has been updated without the
> > other.  Is it simply the case when a change is required you
> > have to make the change twice?
>

> There are two ways of structuring this to achieve reuse between the
two
> transformations. One is to do a two-phase transformation in which the
> first phase does all the work that is common. The other is to put all
> the common code in a module that is imported into both the
stylesheets.

Sure, but that's very general and only fits certain circumstances.

For example if you have:

<xsl:template match="foo">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

..in your html-producing stylesheet and a corresponding template in your
fo-producing stylesheet, what happens when its decided the background
should be red?

How can we arrange it so that change from blue to red is made in one
place rather than both stylesheets?