Re: [xsl] Counting level of nodes beneath current (in XPATH)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Counting level of nodes beneath current (in XPATH)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:09:01 GMT
  I would be happy if I, from a given node, could count how many levels of
  Y-nodes where below the current. I do not know if that was the answer that
  David Carlisle gave.

yes.

<xsl:variable name="n">
 <xsl:for-each select=".//Y">
   <xsl:sort select="count(ancestor::Y)" datatype="number"/>
   <xsl:if test="position()=last()">
     <xsl:value-of select="count(ancestor::Y)"/>
   </xsl:if>
 </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:value-of select="count(ancestor::Y) - $n"/>

is I believe the number you seek.

David

http://www.star.net.uk