Re: [xsl] xsl recursion

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl recursion
From: Norman Barker <normanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:17:51 +0000
Jon Gorman wrote:

I thought
DVC algorithms were supposed to stop this!

I'll stick my neck out here and assume you mean running times. Problem here is probably running time might be reduced but the
implementation of the algorithm might have high memory costs. So you
can finish the algorithm in quicker amount of time given that you have
quite a bit of memory for the stack.

<snip/>
Hi,

I am using cocoon, and the SAX tranformers to reduce memory overhead on the large files, I need to use
a divide a conquer algorithm for parts of the document for comparing previous node values (date differencing)
and building a stream of floating point values.

If I understand you, if I can't get DVC to work, should I set a javascript function that holds the current value, and the
next time round it compares the XML node value with the (previous) javascript value/

Norman