Re: [xsl] I18N / UTF-8 versus US-ASCII

Subject: Re: [xsl] I18N / UTF-8 versus US-ASCII
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:55:08 +1000
On 4/4/06, Sangal, Amit (STSD) <amit.sangal@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any known disadvantage/limitation of using US-ASCII output
> encoding?

Ah, I thought you had a display problem; the two '??' you see is
basically shown when character is *not* supported by your
browser/editor. Did you use your UTF-8 capable editor to view the
result for both in your original post?

As a means of transportation I don't think there should be any
problems as long as any part of your pipe doesn't try to be smart.

"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert