Re: [xsl] Formatting issues

Subject: Re: [xsl] Formatting issues
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:43:48 +0100
Hi Ms,

It is better to just include the parts of the original message that are needed for your reply, and leave the rest. That is easier for others to read in the archived messages and in the list (see the list guidelines).

1. This has values high and steep 2. This has values high and steep. A. This has values high and steep.

But what I am getting is this:

1. This has values high and steep
1. This has values high and steep.
    A. This has values high and steep.

Please let me know how this ca be resolved.

This may be crystal clear to you, but I am still at a loss: you want the first line of the input repeated at several levels? And you don't want counting at all? In that case, just append "1. ". But I assume you mean something else and that this is just a cut n paste error. Where go "high and low" and "high and deep"? What are the attached levels (meaning: can you add in your output a hint of where the text comes from and from what level?).

I'd like to help, but I must have a good understanding of what you want (ain't that always the case? ;) before I can continue.

This template repeats for level2...6

Hmm, looks to me at first sight as if you attempt to tackle the problem imperatively (like as if it were a procedural language), instead of declaratively. If you can clarify the output queries for me, I (or anybody) may be of help to give you a somewhat easier solution.

-- Abel
  http://www.nuntia.nl