Re: [xsl] XSLamenT

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLamenT
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:46:27 +0530
I think, FXSL is a kind of design pattern (i.e. functional programming
pattern) approach to XSLT programming.

It's interesting to read this paper by John Vlissides
http://www.research.ibm.com/designpatterns/pubs/top10misc.pdf

Which states below points as misconceptions about patterns
1) A pattern is a solution to a problem in a context
2) Patterns guarantee reusable software, higher productivity, world peace, etc.

The paper states,
Patterns don't guarantee anything. They merely empower - potentially.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi