Re: [xsl] How to read Schema XSD in stylesheet XSL!

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to read Schema XSD in stylesheet XSL!
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:41:32 +0100
Hi Wiky,

Maybe I missed something in this discussion, but the core of your question seems to be about point 2: "yes" when XML input is valid against a schema an "no" when XML is not valid.

In all honesty, all you need is an XML processor that supports Schema processing. You do not need any XSLT. But if you are determined to use XSLT, just use XSLT 2.0 with validation (available with Saxon-SA and AltovaXML, the latter free). If the content is valid, output "yes", if not,. output "no". For all that I know, you can write any stylesheet (as long as validation is on) and let it output something. If the output is nothing or an error or a different exit code, you let your calling process (i.e., a batch file or a workflow system) output "no". Or, like Wendell suggested, use the extension functions of Saxon.

HTH,
Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

wiky wrote:
Hi All,
I need urgent help on a task which is
1. to write a stylesheet XSL which will process a document XML: it will also be given a schema XSD, which will be specified by a stylesheet parameter.

2. It will produce text output, which will either be the word yes or the word no, depending whether the document conforms to the schema or not.

3. The schemata will be very simple: they will be built up from xsd:element, xsd:complexType, xsd:sequence, and xsd:choice. There will be no text content, no restriction types, and no attributes.

4. The stylesheet should work for any document and any schema made of the above elements. Note that you can write the same schema in many alternative forms (using named types and anonymous types), and your

stylesheet should work for all possible forms.

The probelm is I don't know how can i access NAMES of ELEMENTS and their ATTRIBUTES from SCHEMA document using XSL. How to pass XSD as parameter in XSL? How can I access XSD document using XS?.
Thanks for taking time and reading my message. I'll much appreciate any piece of help. Regards

Feel like a local wherever you go.
http://www.backofmyhand.com