Re: [xsl] xalan and replace "regex"

Subject: Re: [xsl] xalan and replace "regex"
From: Mansour <mansour77@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:18:00 -0400
Matthew, I have checked this and when it nothing worked for me, I decided to post to this list.
A simple sheet to test how would replace work :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan"; xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings";>
<xsl:import href="str/str.xsl" />

   <xsl:template match="program">
       <xsl:call-template name="str:replace">
           <xsl:with-param name="string" select="." />
           <xsl:with-param name="search" select="public" />
           <xsl:with-param name="replace" select="object" />
       </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

This did not help and nothing changed in the output. This is why I am considering another solution.

Matthew L. Avizinis wrote:
Matthew L. Avizinis wrote:
also check out:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html#exslt
http://www.exslt.org for examples

Mansour wrote:
Hello:
Is there any way I can use replace with xalan. I have tried every
thing possible but couldn't get it to work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan";
xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings";>
   <xsl:import href="str/str.xsl" />
     <xsl:template match="program">
       <xsl:value-of select="replace(.,'public','&lt;KeyWord&gt; pulic
&lt;/KeyWord&gt;')" />
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I need to scan a piece of java code and be able to highlight the words based on their meaning. Anyone had luck with xalan regex ?? or analyze-string ??