RE: [xsl] Selecting unparsed text from inside a tag

Subject: RE: [xsl] Selecting unparsed text from inside a tag
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:20:31 -0000
> I would like to know if there is a way to select everything
> that is inside a tag without parsing it and put it to the
> output, so that if there are other tags (like <br/> or

The input to an XSLT processor is a tree of nodes. The XSLT processor never
sees lexical XML tags in an unparsed state; the parsing of the XML and
construction of the tree is complete (conceptually, at least) before the
XSLT processor gets to see it. The XSLT processor only sees nodes.

Your questions suggests that you are doing xsl:value-of where you should be
doing xsl:copy-of or xsl:apply-templates.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/