[xsl] Up Conversion - Best Practice

Subject: [xsl] Up Conversion - Best Practice
From: "Kevin Bird" <kevin.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:38:39 +0100
Hello

I am looking to up convert a text file to XML.

Having looked at the text file, I need ten different regular expressions to
capture the data I require. So, my question is, do I need 10 nested
analyzes-string instructions to capture my data. Something like:

<xsl:analyze-string select="regex1">
                <xsl:matching-substring>
                                Process regex1
                </
                <xsl:non-matching-substring>
                                <xsl:analyze-string select="regex2">
                                             <xsl:matching-substring>
                                                       Process regex2
                                              </
                                              <xsl:non-matching-substring>
                                                       <xsl:analyze-string
select="regex3">

                                Etc., etc.

... because this feels clunky and will be difficult to maintain.

I thought about defining the regex's as variables and calling a function, but
my XSLT skills are not that good.

Does anyone have a suggestion that would be easier to understand and
maintain?

--
Kevin