Re: [xsl] XSL/XPath to generate a list of ancestors?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL/XPath to generate a list of ancestors?
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:56:56 +0200 (CEST)
Martin Honnen wrote:

  Hi

> >> You have a template for element nodes (match="*") so why do
> >> you test
> >>   generate-id(.) != generate-id(/)
> >> ? An element (.) is never a root node (/).

> > Because the template recursively ascends the document I need to
> > test that I have arrived at the top.

> But your template with match="*" is never processed for the root
> node which is match="/".

  This message was posted a few days ago, but I didn't see any response
to that, so just for the sake of comprehensiveness in the archive...

  I didn't looked at the details of the template, but having match="*"
is not enough to garantee that the context item is an element, when the
template has also a name.  This is one reason to try to avoid having
named template rules IMHO.

  Regards,

--drkm