Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:07:15 +0200
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 16:33, Colin Paul Adams
<colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I don't agree that it is a good idea. What should the type look
> like? Certainly not the W3C DOM.

DOM was yet another inbaked API, nothing more. No, XML as native to
languages should, IMHO, look like XML, where <result> =

or ;

   result = <some.xml /> ;
   <root version="1.0"> += result ;
   <root version="1.3" /> ;

Is ;

   <root version="1.3">
      <some.xml />
   </root>

I'm sure if a bunch of people think about this for a little while we
could come up with something that's pretty cool, and urge languages to
adopt it. I personally would like to see more XPath and XSLT goodness
in it, perhaps even with template definitions. As if. :(

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps