RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:12:47 -0500
My reply is getting a little off-topic, but on the same note, why
haven't we seen a widely-used XML-based HTML preprocessor language yet?
I mean, for tag-based languages like HTML and XML, you'd think it would
make sense. People are always singing the praises of PHP and Ruby, but
when it comes down to working with XML and finally creating the HTML for
the page, the methods used get downright ugly. ColdFusion comes close,
and the company I work for uses a proprietary preprocessor that's close
to ColdFusion, but neither of them are true XML. Where's the conceptual
holdup?

~ Scott