Re: [xsl] namespaces declarations treated as boilerplate code

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespaces declarations treated as boilerplate code
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:37:32 +0100
>> If the xmlns:test namespace declaration is removed then you will get a
>> runtime error if you run the stylesheet without specifying the t
>> parameter, but if you specify t with the value 'xsl' then there is no
>> error if the namespace declaration is removed.
>
> hmmm... To me, this extremely unlikely use case should not be the
> determining factor for such a useful feature. If someone is doing
> something like this they should get an error :). As you know, relying on
> a prefix is always bad. They could just as easily use the
> xsl:element/@namespace (so the IDE would know). Someone with your use
> case should simply not use the organize feature.
>
> But it does not seem anyone else is interested in the feature, so...

It's a great feature idea... the more an XSLT ide is like a Java IDE
the better - oXygen's "open declarations" and "open references"
features are *fantastic* and need building on - for example finding
all templates in a given mode, finding all templates with the same
match pattern (but different priorities) etc

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com