Re: [xsl] copy of specific elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] copy of specific elements
From: henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:36:09 +0200 (CEST)
thank you. With your suggestion I can copy the
elements.
It is still the problem in my former posting from last
week with the for-each loop and position. Maybe you
have an idea how to build it.
I will at the first determine the number of section
elements and than build a loop
Which turns as much as the section elements exist in
the xml file. I tried following, but it does not work:

      <xsl:variable name="var"
select="count(document/elements/element[@type='section'])"/>
 <xsl:for-each select="//*[position() &lt;= $var]">

<!--
 <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes"
select="document/elements/element[@type='paragraph'][position()]"/>

-->
      LOOP:  <xsl:value-of
disable-output-escaping="yes" select="position()"/>

This code gave back the 2 as the number of the
sections which is correctly, but when I use the
for-each I get more than 2 turns, namely seven!
I can not use the  position() to build an array index.

You told in last posting :
  position() doesn't behave as you seem to think it
does.  What you get
means there are in the input tree 6 elements that are
the first or
second child of their parent element.

Could you say how to build this loop correctly ??
I am thankful for your help