[xsl] nbsp and copy-of and output xml

Subject: [xsl] nbsp and copy-of and output xml
From: Henner Graubitz <graubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:42:32 +0200
Hi there,

first thanks for the reply to my problem. But your solution results
into the next problem:

OK, summary:

I can not use "copy-of" with output="xml" because "&nbsp" will not be
displayed.

Instead (before I transformed with jdom, now with xalan) I use
output="html"

Nice, BUT: the result is invalid html because in empty tags it does not
close the tag.

Solution (as suggested in many forums): use output="xml" or output="xhtml"
for 2.0 which closes the tags - BUT THIS brings me to problem one.

Also - instead writing
- the solution to write

brings html-validator errors "the tag should be empty"

Any workaround - professional solutions for that.

Aprreciate this

Holm