Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names

Subject: Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:27:02 +0000
>> I often have two namespaces for each library:  a public one
>> (declaring global constructs users of the black box are allowed
>> to override) and a private one (declaring global constructs users
>> of the black box are not allowed to override).
>
>  I also use this technique.  I wonder what naming scheme people here
> use for the private namespace URI.

I've often thought Final and Abstract type modifiers would be useful,
maybe now would be a good time to submit a proposal for 2.1.

We can already simulate Abstract, but an explicit attribute could be
preferable to throwing an error in a named template, or a missing
select on a required parameter (or a typed variable etc).

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com