Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?
From: "W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P." <csi2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:00:57 -0400
I learned primarily from Ken Holman's Courses (XSLT and XSL-FO). <plug num="1">I can't resist mentioning that I was the producer, cameraman, editor for a set of DVD's for Ken containing his complete 1 week course "Practical Transformation using XSLT and XPath - photo in my web site under products</plug>.

I have to say a major problem I had was listening to Ken explain XSLT rather than paying attention to the filming/recording like I was supposed to - really great explanations.

Books:

Kay XSLT 1.0 - this is in shreds
Kay XSLT 2.0 - better condition but the internal navigation seems not as good as 1.0
Tennison - XSLT and XPath - On the Edge
Holman - Definitive XSLT and Xpath
Holman - Definitive XSL-FO

<plug num="2">Now I teach XSL (XSLT and XSL-FO) online at Online Learning - http://www.online-learning.com/course_xsl_desc.html</plug>

- and you sure learn fast when students ask really good questions.

Finding examples on the web helps too - e.g. Zvon site.

Cheers...Hugh

CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc. Multimedia Productions
XML Training and Consulting
http://cyberspace-industries-2000.com

Quoting Liam Quin <liam@xxxxxx>:
What resources were most useful to you in learning XSL?

If books or tutorials, which ones?  Or if a course, whose?
Name names :-)

XSLT, XSL-FO, or both?

Liam

-- Liam Quin, W3C XML Activity Lead, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/