Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:03:32 +0530
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't see how the number of templates involved, the modes or
> namespaces have any affect on whether its pull or push...?

I think, Dimitre is somewhat right. A pure push processing, is natural
without modes and namespace qualification in select/match patterns.

If we add modes and namespaces to templates, then we deviate from
natural template processing, which is built into XSLT engine, and that
makes it pull processing (either complete pull, or partial pull).

> <xsl:apply-templates mode="foo"/>
>
> ...is pull when only a single template exists with that mode, but push
> otherwise?

I think, if there is only one template, and that has a mode, then it's
same as a template without a mode (and, that's not a correct design
according to me! Here a template, defined with a mode is redundant
design. But I think, you just specified this as an example, and not a
desirable solution!). And the example you've given above is push
according to me (since there is only one template, with a mode).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi