Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT
From: ac <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:19:55 -0500
Hi,

I can only recommend an XSLTv2 server-based solution, for XSLT2, standards, centralization of processing and know-how, architecture manageability, public information control. This does not prevent client-side xslt and/or Javascript but at least it limits and concentrates browser dependencies.

On the other hand a good server-based solution may typically require an adequate infrastructure and design (e.g. transform pipelines). The whole thing can still be a serious piece of work. Well worth the trouble for us, even when not generating income.

Cheers,
ac