Re: [xsl] Text based stage play scripts to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Text based stage play scripts to XML
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:00:40 +0000
> Any help, samples or links to similar problems and solutions will be
> dearly appreciated. I need to get this done today, and I'm not
> winning.

> Input is simple TXT with tabs here and there that may be helpful. The
> documents are of consistent structure and format, so I guess it can be
> done. I am currently experimenting with replace() and tokenize(), but
> I must admit I'm lost.

You may get someone to write the solution for you for free, but really
this is a complete piece of work that could/should be paid for.

If you did want to tackle it yourself, you need to use unparsed-text
to read the non-xml file, then tokenize() it into a $lines variable,
then process each line generating the relevant markup based on the
content in that line.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com